Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ben's Guitar


This pic was Sunday Morning, August 16th at Dakar Academy church service.

Hilary & her good friend Jessica. Happy to be together again.





So I did get Ben a guitar yesterday. We got directions to this guitar shop. Taxi'd down there and actually found it with not too much difficulty.
Guitars were not cheap. Ben wanted an electric like he has back in Lansing. But they had 1 like that with amp for 350,000 cfa or $700. A bit too high for my blood. There were acoustic/electrics for about half that. But still high for me, and he really wanted electric. So I told the guy we'd think about it. In front of the shop out on the street, this other guy says he can help us. So we follow him to another shop, and they have this nice Stratercaster copy. They started at 250,000, but ended up selling for 150,000cfa or $300. So I was ok with that... Ben still doesn't have an amp, but he can practice with computer speakers for now... I told him I don't want him to practice guitar with headphones.
Ben is very happy. So here are a couple pics of the new guitar. His old one that was here was very warped when we came back. So we'll sell it pretty cheap to someone Fredi knows.

Well that is the news for today, anyway...
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment